Shyflower.com editorial services are structured to ensure that your content flows not only from sentence to sentence and paragraph to paragraph, but also from page to page—no matter which page your visitor sees first. Although mechanics are important, a good edit covers all aspects of your message: proofreading, formatting, line-editing and substantive editing.
- Mechanically correct content helps your site look its best for your visitor. Although modern spell and grammar checkers find many common errors, they can also add considerable confusion to your writing. They may tell you to restructure a sentence without offering any suggestions, leaving you at a loss as to how to go about it.
- In addition to several online resources, I also use various desk references to clear up any conflicts and make certain that your spelling, punctuation, and grammar are flawless.
- Experienced web content writers know that we all read differently on the computer screen than we read printed media. Appropriate line, letter, and paragraph formats as well as proper use of bullet points, emphasis, and headings is essential to catching and holding your visitor’s attention.
- Line Editing:
- Balancing “need to know” information with “nice to know” can be perplexing. Line editing ensures that your web content is concise without losing the descriptive content your visitors need to clearly understand your message. Line editing services also include fact-checking that adds credibility to your web content.
- Substantive Editing:
- Also called “developmental editing,” substantive editing ensures that your content flows logically from line to line, paragraph to paragraph, and point to point. Substantive editorial services make sure that your message is clear and concise from top to bottom and can also add a fresh face to old news.
As you know, you only get one chance to make a good first impression. Although your home page is your first page, your visitors may access your website through your about page, a product page, a service page, or an article. The impression your content makes determines their next stop on your website or a different site altogether.
Contact Shyflower.com to make sure your web content is impressive from first page to last.